Re: Using 2 Monitors for mac???

Subject: Re: Using 2 Monitors for mac???
From: dave solursh (dsolursh@georgian.net)
Date: Fri Dec 17 1999 - 23:20:45 EST

>>Hay there, I have a question and didn't know where else to ask. I have
>>seen that some graphic designers use two monitors to work with, one for the
>>graphic and one for their pallets. Couldn't sound designers do the same?
>>One for the edit window and one for Vst or TDM type plugins?? If we can,
>>how do we hook it up and what type of card would we use??? Thankx, Dave.
>>
>>Ps. I use a Mac.
>>
>>LITTLE DAVE 0 0
>> /
>> (----)
>> \/
>
>Often all you need is a second video card to drive the other monitor, and a
>PCI slot to put it in.. Can't speak to the newer models without PCI slots
>- maybe some of them even have extra ports built in?
>
>Anyway, PCI monitor cards vary widely in capability (video features,
>resolutions, VRAM, etc) so you'd have to spec one according to your needs.
>Once the card and its driver software are installed, the 'monitors' control
>panel is used to configure layout, resolution, etc.
>
>I do know people who prefer to have one very large monitor, but I work in a
>couple locations with dual 16 or 17" and like it very much (though they do
>take up a lot of desk space)

Cool, this is a good thing, because the new Mac I have on the way (well
used new one) has an ati rage in one of it's slots. The thing I am finding
hard to grasp is how do configure the two monitors in the control panel.
(if it is totaly self explanitory please excuse me, as I don't have the new
mac yet and am just trying to figure it out before hand) I will most
likely be using a 19" and a 15", the only two I can get my hands on. Is
there an option in the control panel to use 2 monitors? How do I move the
cursor from one monitor to the other? Is it kinda' like the computer
thinks you have one giant monitor? Does this mean I have to use two
monitors of the same size? Holy questions batman!
Dave.

PS. since I am getting a new computer, I will be selling off my MAC8100AV
With AUDIOMEDIA2 card. I want to sell the two together. Please contact me
privately at my email address, thankx.
>HTH

LITTLE DAVE 0 0
                         /