Re: Using 2 Monitors for mac???

Subject: Re: Using 2 Monitors for mac???
From: Steven Naylor (Steven.Naylor@dal.ca)
Date: Sat Dec 18 1999 - 00:13:39 EST

>Hay there, I have a question and didn't know where else to ask. I have
>seen that some graphic designers use two monitors to work with, one for the
>graphic and one for their pallets. Couldn't sound designers do the same?
>One for the edit window and one for Vst or TDM type plugins?? If we can,
>how do we hook it up and what type of card would we use??? Thankx, Dave.
>
>Ps. I use a Mac.
>
>LITTLE DAVE 0 0
> /
> (----)
> \/

Often all you need is a second video card to drive the other monitor, and a
PCI slot to put it in.. Can't speak to the newer models without PCI slots
- maybe some of them even have extra ports built in?

Anyway, PCI monitor cards vary widely in capability (video features,
resolutions, VRAM, etc) so you'd have to spec one according to your needs.
Once the card and its driver software are installed, the 'monitors' control
panel is used to configure layout, resolution, etc.

I do know people who prefer to have one very large monitor, but I work in a
couple locations with dual 16 or 17" and like it very much (though they do
take up a lot of desk space)

HTH