Re: PZM mics

Subject: Re: PZM mics
From: Rck Nance (Zu03641@uabdpo.dpo.uab.edu)
Date: Thu Dec 16 1999 - 14:23:58 EST

David,

I tried it with their lavalier. The microphone was slightly better, but
eventually failed altogether. I can't say whether it was due to the
overpowering or just wear and tear. There are extensive schematics for
altering the PZMs. These include a modification of the gap between the
boundary and the element as well as XLR and phantom power. I also
thought that the battery was supposed to be a 6v as opposed to 9.

Rick Nance

ps. I was just trying to listen to something you arranged on the CEC
site. Too much net traffic though.
rn