cardigans? Get real!

Subject: cardigans? Get real!
From: Nye Parry (A.S.Parry@city.ac.uk)
Date: Wed Dec 15 1999 - 11:46:25 EST

I just felt I needed to jump to the defense of cardigans. There are many
cardigan wearers who are NOT academics and whose cardigan wearing is at
least as meaningful as the cardigan wearing of those subsidised to do so.
Furthermore the cardigan is warm and comfortable and has a great
pedigree and I feel that Mr Worby is being downright UNPATRIOTIC in his
denigration of this most British of garments

sincerely
A CARDIGAN WEARER

On Wed, 15 Dec 1999, Andrew Lewis wrote:

> Robert Worby wrote:
> >
> > No wonder electroacoustic music equals frumpy old academics in
> > cardigans.
>
> I know Robert is fiercely and in my opinion rather uncharitably
> anti-academic, but I feel I must point out that not all academics are
> old or wear cardigans. One might even concede that even those who are
> old ought not necessarily to be criticized for it.

Nye Parry
City University &
Guildhall School of Music and Drama
http://www.red56.co.uk/nye/