Re: soundscape analysis

Subject: Re: soundscape analysis
From: Mr A. J. Moore (a.j.moore@bham.ac.uk)
Date: Wed Dec 15 1999 - 06:45:16 EST

I concur with Dr. Worby on this one.
but...

analysis should be led by the ears but new perspectives can
be shown by "forcing" something that may not intuitively
be thought to give good results (its sort of like making
your own algorithm and despite it making really bad music,
pumping out a complete set of works based upon it).

(postmodern ?)

a comment upon jb reply - one must first ask..
are you formulating a top-down approach here ?

Merry Christmas
AJM

--
Dr Adrian Moore                 tel - 44 (0)114 2220486
Sheffield University            fax - 44 (0)114 2668053