Re: underwater recording

Subject: Re: underwater recording
From: Katharine Norman (K.Norman@gold.ac.uk)
Date: Tue Dec 07 1999 - 08:46:51 EST

>>Hi,
>>
>>I'm going to be involved in a project where underwater recording is a
>>distinct possibility and I wondered if anyone had any advice on how I can
>>keep my microphones dry whilst I'm doing it. Has anyone tried to do this
>>- any advice would be gratefully received.
>>
>>Thanks
>>
>>Pete "Jacques Cousteau" Stollery

Pete - some BBC radio people I worked with did this by merely sealing the
mike very well (not tupperware!) in polythene, and it was ok. How about
asking Michel Redolfi...all that underwater music, he must have had to deal
with this some time. I don't know if he's on the list but he is, I believe,
still Director at CIRM (Nice, France)

glug,

Katharine

*****
Dr Katharine Norman
Director
Electronic Music Studios
Goldsmiths College, University of London
London SE14 6NW

+44 (0)171 919 7986 (direct) +44 (0)171 919 7643 (studio)
+44 (0)171 919 7640 (music dept office)
fax (0)171 919 7644 email: K.Norman@gold.ac.uk
http://musicinfo.gold.ac.uk/music/staff/norman.html
*****