Re: Aesthetics of EM?

Subject: Re: Aesthetics of EM?
From: John Drever (j.drever@dartington.ac.uk)
Date: Sun Dec 05 1999 - 02:07:05 EST

>I've bought this one and am looking forward to reading it!
>
>> It's not really a book _about_ EM aesthetics as such, but a good read, and
>> covers Debussy - Pop - 'world' to EM to electronica etc.:
>>
>> David Toop - Ocean of Sound - pub. Serpent's Tail 1995
>
>cp

I see Douglas Kahn's new book is available:

'Noise, Water, Meat: A History of Sound in the Arts'
MIT Press; ISBN: 0262112434

Has anyone out there had a read through yet?
It is only available in hardback, so it is quite a costly investment.

Regards

John.

John Levack Drever B.Mus, M.Mus

Postgraduate Centre
Dartington College of Arts
Totnes, Devon, UK.
TQ9 6EJ

Tel/Fax: +44 (0)1803 861602
Email: j.drever@dartington.ac.uk
WWW: http://www.dartington.ac.uk/

**********************
***New Home Address***

Flat 2
The Granary
Coronation Road
Totnes, Devon
TQ9 5GN

Tel: +44(0)1803 868683
Soundscape UK: the internet discussion list of The UK Soundscape Community

Email: soundscapeuk@mailbase.ac.uk
http://www.mailbase.ac.uk/lists/soundscapeuk/welcome.html