definitions (sic)

Subject: definitions (sic)
From: Larry Austin (austin@sndart.cemi.unt.edu)
Date: Thu Dec 02 1999 - 10:42:27 EST

CEC'ers:

Thought these might cause a smile or two, courtesy
of Rodney Waschka.

Larry Austin

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
>From some students in Missouri, collected by Harold Dunn, I culled a
few
>I thought you might enjoy.

>From the ridiculous ---

John Sebastian Bach died from 1750 to the present.

You should always say celli when you mean there are two or more cellos.

I would like for you to teach me to play the cello. Would tomorrow or
Friday be best?

to the accidently accurate--

A contra-bassoon is like a bassoon, only more so.

Music sung by two people at the same time is called a duel.

Just about any animal skin can be stretched over a frame to make
a pleasant sound once the animal is removed.

to the impossible--

A virtuoso is a musician with real high morals.

to the sublime--

A harp is a nude piano.

A bassoon looks like nothing I have ever heard.