Subject: Call for submissions
From: Shawn Pinchbeck (email@example.com)
Date: Sat Nov 27 1999 - 22:23:27 EST
Call For Submissions!
Deadline: January 31, 2000
The Boreal Electroacoustic Music Society (BEAMS) invites Alberta based
artists to submit recordings of their audio art and electroacoustic
compositions for a forthcoming compilation CD to be released in the year
Submissions should meet the following criteria:
1. Each recorded work should be no longer than 5 minutes in length.
2. All participants must be residents of Alberta and members of BEAMS.
(memberships can be obtained by sending a $10.00 cheque or Money Order
with your submission payable to the Boreal Electroacoustic Music
3. Pieces should be submitted on DAT, CD, or ¼” half-track/quarter track
analogue tape at 7.5 or 15ips.
4. Selected pieces will be mastered onto CD as is, submissions should be
in a CD ready state.
5. Participants are requested to include contact information and a brief
6. Submissions should be registered with SOCAN. The artists will retain
all mechanical and performance rights to their work.
A jury will choose the CD participants. Notification regarding the jury
selections will be mailed by March 31, 2000. Participating artists will
receive 5 copies of the finished CD.
BEAMS is a non-profit society dedicated to the promotion and production
of sound oriented art. Its membership consists of professional
musicians, composers, and performance artists from diverse backgrounds
driven to create a voice for sound-oriented art in Edmonton, Alberta,
Please mail submissions to:
PO Box 35088
Oliver Postal Outlet
Contact 780-488-9838 for more information or email
This archive was generated by hypermail 2b27 : Wed Jun 11 2003 - 13:09:14 EDT