Re: re protools question

Subject: Re: re protools question
From: david stevens (david@resonant.demon.co.uk)
Date: Tue Nov 23 1999 - 14:44:35 EST

Jonathan Prager wrote: among other things....

> IMO, I've found 2 things difficult for low level students to learn.
> First: navigating through hard disk with the "Save" or "Open" dialog of
> the Mac OS. This is one flaw about one aspect of the Mac OS' design that
> has already been talked about for long.

one utility that i absolutely cannot be without anymore is Default
Folder. It remembers the last 10 (or more ) folders that you've opened
or saved in, and each app on your computer can have its own default
folder. You can also delete files from within the Open dialogue, and
change the Cancel default to Replace in save warnings. There's al;so
some other stuff that it does that i don't use. i cannot recommend this
little utility highly enough!

http://www.stclairsoft.com/DefaultFolder/release.html

david