Re: re protools question

Subject: Re: re protools question
From: Katharine Norman (kate@novamara.demon.co.uk)
Date: Mon Nov 22 1999 - 04:28:25 EST

Kevin wrote:

>If I read your response correctly, it is about students not knowing
how
>to navigate around the system?

Well yes, student error is certainly exacerbating the situation, but
the underlying
problem is that Protools sessions save information in a way that
is machine dependent, the result being that a session that works fine
on one machine cannot be transferred from that machine to another
without hassle - if students, inadvertently or by choice, have files
dotted all over, it can take a while to reorientate their session.
(and, yep - teaching navigation is a top priority handout here too,
but some folks just have no sense of direction!). Bah...I always
preferred Unix.
Thanks, and thanks to all.
Katharine