Re: [Fwd: Concerts in Nov.]

Subject: Re: [Fwd: Concerts in Nov.]
From: KEVIN AUSTIN (KAUSTIN@vax2.concordia.ca)
Date: Wed Nov 17 1999 - 05:52:06 EST

>> Sometimes that small sound speaks truths beyond the clatter of 109 dB of
>> phase and time-aligned clatter and rumble.

>No doubt Kevin, and I've listened intensively to those records, which were a
>present from my great grandfather. But cannot we explore both extremes?

IMO:

It is possible for the individual to take personal responsibility to
explore any extremes that they wish. One may tickle oneself or pummel
ones own head into a wall. This is a personal decision, based upon
knowledge of consequences, with an understanding of the impact of this
behavior upon others.

If I decide to smoke (because it is sanctioned by the government), and
there is a "free" (sic) medical system, then the government could be
understood to provide me with quadruple by-pass surgery when I am 58, and
longterm cancer treatment at 63.

Is it a desirable use of limited resources? IMO, this morning, that
depends whether you are the smoker, the surgeon, the hospital worker, the
government, the tax-payer or the daughter.

Ned comments that he wore ear-plugs. Did the member(s) of GS also wear
them?

kaustin@vax2.concordia.ca

Anarchists UNITE!