Assistance on multi-channel ... (fwd)

Subject: Assistance on multi-channel ... (fwd)
From: KEVIN AUSTIN (KAUSTIN@vax2.concordia.ca)
Date: Sun Nov 14 1999 - 09:11:42 EST

Date: Sat, 13 Nov 1999 10:01:01 -0400
To: cecdiscuss@concordia.ca
From: dsolursh@georgian.net (dave solursh)

        Hay Folkes, I have the bug. Everything that I have ever made has
been made for STEREO ahhhh. Well I would love to create some sound for
eight channels. So I have a few questions: The first, where can I find
info on eight channel sound, web sites ect..... Also what is the speaker
condiguation? One facing north, west, east, south, and NE, NW, SE,
SW?????? Are all speakers equidistant from the listener?
        What soft ware is out there to help create such a piece? I am
imagining that You use a multi channel program like Protools and assign a
track to a speaker. I guess you could also do it analog, what's alalog
again =-)
        I am hoping to get a sound card the lets me have eight outputs soon
and will work with protools and Cuebase, So I guess I can master out to
ADAT or Tascam for diffusion purposes.
        Oh yah if I am getting this card I will be selling off a
MAC8100/100av with an AudioMedia2 card and opcode 2in32out midi box, anyone
interested please respond off list to me privately.
        Thankx in advance for any help I can't wait to get started. Dave.

LITTLE DAVE 0 0
                         /
                       (----)
                         \/