Re: [Fwd: Concerts in Nov.]

Subject: Re: [Fwd: Concerts in Nov.]
From: KEVIN AUSTIN (KAUSTIN@vax2.concordia.ca)
Date: Sun Nov 14 1999 - 08:50:41 EST

>Thank you Kevin. I know enough already. I'd be interested though in
>knowing what "rf".
>
>Carlos
>Palombini@usa.net

Many years ago, "His Master's Voice" (now HMV) had a symbol of a little
dog, ear cocked, listening to the horn of a(n) (acoustical) 78 rpm record
player. RCA Victor picked up the symbol for a number of years. The idea
being that the little dog was listening to his "master's" (or even better
now, "mistresses") voice.

Sometimes that small sound speaks truths beyond the clatter of 109 dB of
phase and time-aligned clatter and rumble.

kaustin@vax2.concordia.ca