Re: CDR ID# question

Subject: Re: CDR ID# question
From: Nye Parry (A.S.Parry@city.ac.uk)
Date: Fri Nov 12 1999 - 08:22:33 EST

Howdy,
Toast won't do it! This is because (even if you cilck on write disk) it
writes in track at once mode. You need software that supports disk at once
(ie the laser stays active all the way through the disk with no breaks.
Adaptec Jam (from the makers of toast) will do it or masterlist CD from
Digidesign) Why the toast manual doesn't tell you this is anyones guess!!
Jam (which I use) lets you use Sound designer regions as tracks and even
set crossfades between tracks. (check that your burner supports disk at
once, if not you're sunk but they pretty much all do now). Disk at once is
best for audio cd's anyway, especially if you want to use them as a master
for duplication.
Nye

On Thu, 11 Nov 1999, dave solursh wrote:

> Howdy Y'all, I am curious how one might put several ID markings along one
> pice of music on a CDR. What am I trying to say? I want to be ablt to have
> markers that I can jump to all along a long piece of music that I am
> working on, instead of having #1 at the beggining and #2 at the beggining
> of the next song. I want #1 through #10 on the first song. I am using
> toast, and will go and look to see if I can figure it out in the help
> section if there is one, but I enjoy getting help from thoughs who have
> experince. Will toast work, or (oh man) do I need a new software. Thanks,
> Little Dave.
>
> LITTLE DAVE 0 0
> /
> (----)