Re: [Fwd: Concerts in Nov.]

Subject: Re: [Fwd: Concerts in Nov.]
From: Nye Parry (A.S.Parry@city.ac.uk)
Date: Fri Nov 12 1999 - 08:05:36 EST

The last Henry gig I went to was also excessively load. Cotton wool in the
ears revealed a level of detail I was unable to appreciate with the naked
ear. I struck me that he is probably suffering some hearing loss and my
experience with ear plugs is more "authentic" to what he was hearing at
the desk!
Nye

On Thu, 11 Nov 1999, KEVIN AUSTIN wrote:

> >> I was there on Friday for the Apocalypse de Jean by Pierre Henry. It
> >>was great, rich >> sounds and very good diffusion.
>

> Hmmm .. I was told that it was _very_ loud, in fact, that ear plugs would
> have been useful. Having just started a section on amplitude induced
> hearing loss in the classes, it may be time to re-open the discussion
> on this topic? Anyone?
>

> Best
>
> Kevin
> kaustin@vax2.concordia.ca