Re: [Fwd: Concerts in Nov.]

Subject: Re: [Fwd: Concerts in Nov.]
From: Carlos Palombini (pal@npd.ufpe.br)
Date: Fri Nov 12 1999 - 04:35:32 EST

Yes, I have jokingly chosen the wrong phrasal verb.

He was nevertheless involved with Denis Dufour's acousma-raves, doing sound diffusion
for such events, if I'm not wrong. (By the way, does anyone know whether these are
still going on?). Besides, some movements of some of his pieces (Variations and
Apocalypse for instance) work extremely well at extremely high levels, making it for an
unusually physical experience. Having said that, I must admit that listening to
Variations at the polite level, I have got a much clearer view of the overall
architecture and dynamic envelope. On the other hand, the unpolite level is much more
sensational. And who's still listening out for musical architectures nowadays?