Re: [Fwd: Concerts in Nov.SAY WHAT!]

Subject: Re: [Fwd: Concerts in Nov.SAY WHAT!]
From: Louis Dufort (siuol@sympatico.ca)
Date: Thu Nov 11 1999 - 12:22:48 EST

KEVIN AUSTIN wrote:

> >> I was there on Friday for the Apocalypse de Jean by Pierre Henry. It
> >>was great, rich >> sounds and very good diffusion.
>
> Hmmm .. I was told that it was _very_ loud, in fact, that ear plugs would
> have been useful. Having just started a section on amplitude induced
> hearing loss in the classes, it may be time to re-open the discussion
> on this topic? Anyone?

I don't know who told you that but let say that he is totally off track.
The diffusion was NOT LOUD enough... this was the main concern to a lot of
the composer that was there. It's true that i heard that normally Henry
plays it very LOUD, but here, diffused by one of is student (Nicolas Vérin),
this was not the case.

I wish you were there...

Louis