Re: [Fwd: Concerts in Nov.]

Subject: Re: [Fwd: Concerts in Nov.]
From: VivianAR@aol.com
Date: Thu Nov 11 1999 - 08:33:23 EST

In a message dated 11/11/99 6:57:23 AM, KAUSTIN@vax2.concordia.ca writes:

<< Having just started a section on amplitude induced
hearing loss in the classes, it may be time to reopen the discussion
on this topic? Anyone?

That's a serious question:

Many years ago when I was working at home, I injured my ears while wearing
head phones. I was careful to not have the volume too high, but worked
steadily for 3 or 4 hours while my children were sleeping.

When I took off the head phones, my ears were not the same, damaged forever!

There was white noise in the music & evidently inaudible high frequencies
which did the damage.
********
I have noticed that a few colleagues who are heavy into electronic music plus
live performance keep saying, "What did you say?" A lot.
And what is the effect of the magnetic field on our bodies? Who knows that
one?

I read somewhere that we have a higher rate of Alzheimer's, before that
cancer.....
Any statistics?

Vivian Adelberg Rudow