Re: sndan

Subject: Re: sndan
From: James W. Beauchamp (jwb@timbre.music.uiuc.edu)
Date: Sun Oct 31 1999 - 00:07:49 EDT

Reply to Adrian Moore's message of Oct. 26th:

>is James Beauchamp on this list ?

I sure am, although I don't post very often.

>I have an interest in the SNDAN software but have a mac on my desk.

There is a Mac version. It is called Armadillo and can be downloaded free
of charge from http://cmpsgi2.music.uiuc.edu/~tmadden/armadillo. Actually,
it's quite different from SNDAN. Armadillo is better for real time
demonstrations (although it also can do non-real time) and only does
analysis and graphics, while SNDAN is better for research and does
modification and resynthesis (but it only runs on Unix (or Linux) machines.

Jim

James W. Beauchamp
Professor Emeritus of Music and Electrical & Computer Engineering
2136 Music Bldg. MC-056
1114 W. Nevada, Urbana, IL 61801
email: j-beauch@uiuc.edu
phone: +1-217-244-1207/344-3307