Re: petition

Subject: Re: petition
From: Linda A. Seltzer (lseltzer@phoenix.Princeton.EDU)
Date: Wed Oct 20 1999 - 18:36:42 EDT

This petition circulated a long time ago in the IAWM
newsletter. Then we received information that Brandeis had
removed the originator's account and because this petition
supposedly would take up too much bandwidth circulating on
the Internet. I was outraged by the action of Brandeis
since, given the amount of bandwidth people use for streaming
audio and video from places such as the New York Times
web site, I can't see how they can worry about a short
plain text file circulating around among some academics.

Linda Seltzer