Re: deux questions - two questions

Subject: Re: deux questions - two questions
From: Javier Ruiz (javi.ruiz@tfn.servicom.es)
Date: Fri Oct 08 1999 - 14:31:20 EDT

> Does anyone actually receive these fees? I've had dozens of commissions,
> the largest of which was US$2,000 for a 25-minute work for large orchestra.
> A recent work was 7 minutes for 6 players, US$400. Do you folks live in
> paradise or is this all myth?
A 25 minute (or even less) large orchestra piece worth from 4.000 to 7.000
US$ where I live. No less. And they pay the copyist also (another 2.000 to
4.000). Then there is the premium payment from SGAE, something like another
1.000$ or so.
The problem is that there are only two persons who get orchestral
commissions.

If there is any electric instrument the composer is who pays ;)

Dennis, pack your things and take a plane! we need WWW experts in Tenerife!

Javier Ruiz