Re: deux questions - two questions

Subject: Re: deux questions - two questions
From: KEVIN AUSTIN (KAUSTIN@vax2.concordia.ca)
Date: Fri Oct 08 1999 - 07:49:12 EDT

>From: Dennis Bathory-Kitsz <bathory@maltedmedia.com>

>Does anyone actually receive these fees? I've had dozens of commissions,
>the largest of which was US$2,000 for a 25-minute work for large orchestra.
>A recent work was 7 minutes for 6 players, US$400. Do you folks live in
>paradise or is this all myth?

The figures quoted are (as far as I know), those that are accepted by all
funding agencies, as minumums.

Canada has a different social history than the USA. (We even have a Prime
Minister and a Premier of a Province who do not know what year the
country was founded! which may explain many things .... <<<8-()>>>>!*o))!
(The Prime Minister said that Canada was founded in 1862, Premier
Bouchard said 1868. Bill Clinton knew that it was 1867 but was too polite
to correct them.)

kaustin@vax2.concordia.ca