Re: ADATs

Subject: Re: ADATs
From: ag (agarton@toysatellite.com.au)
Date: Wed Oct 06 1999 - 03:52:22 EDT

>Our experience over a decade ago of starting students straight to
>8-channel (Assignment One), was one of the greatest leaps that we took.
>(The second great leap was to retire the vari-speed Revox!)

don't discount the Revox. they come in very useful as an analogue vocal
compressor. just run a mike or line in and a line back out. beautiful... or
for that analogue mix, run a mixdown direct to Revox and then re-record the
mix back onto HD or equivalent digital recorder. master the result...

andrew

---

s e c e s s i o n records || sound information || http://www.toysatellite.com.au/secession