Re : Software to slow speech etc (fwd)

Subject: Re : Software to slow speech etc (fwd)
From: Marcel Wierckx (mwierc@po-box.mcgill.ca)
Date: Mon Oct 04 1999 - 04:09:56 EDT

>>>Is anyone aware of software which allows a slowing of the rate of an
>>>acoustic signal (e.g., to slow the tempo of a piece of music or slow a
>>>talker's speech rate) without altering pitch?
>>>Van Summers"
>>
>> yes, AUDIOSCULPT (IRCAM) made this !
>>
>> philippe blanchard
>>
>Another interesting way, which sounds very different is to use granulation.
>There are many programs doing that (at least on Macintosh, NeXT, SGI):
>SuperCollider, MacPOD, and MAX/MSP (my favorite, very open, but you'll have
>to program it yourself) on the Mac;
>
>Todor Todoroff

Speaking of granulation software, I've already programmed an application in
Max/MSP which can do granular time stretching of short (4 sec.) audio
files. And while I'm at it, why don't I take this opportunity to announce
the release of version 2.0? :)

Version 2.0 of my Real-Time Granular Synthesizer is available for download at:

http://home.wxs.nl/~menti049

Make sure to note the system requirements before downloading; you need at
least a G3/233 to make it work properly.

Marcel Wierckx