Re: bibio [long]

Subject: Re: bibio [long]
From: Linda A. Seltzer (lseltzer@phoenix.Princeton.EDU)
Date: Fri Sep 24 1999 - 16:26:26 EDT

Here's a must-have:

Sophocles J. Orfanidis, Introduction to Signal Processing,
Upper Saddle River, NJ: Prentice Hall, 1996

Some other good books:

C Language Algorithms for Digital Signal Processing
Paul M. Embree and Bruce Kimble
Englewood Cliffs, NJ: Prentice Hall
1991

Kenneth Steiglitz, DSP Primer - I don't remember the publisher

Robert W. Ramirez, The FFT, Fundamentals and Concepts
Prentice Hall

There is also a book by Oran Brigham on the FFT but I
don't know the publisher.

Applications of Digital Signal Processing to Audio and Acoustics
Mark Kahrs and Karlheinz Brandenburg, editors
Kluwer Academic Publishers
March 1998
ISBN 0-7923-8130-0
$145.00 (sorry!)
http://www.wkap.nl/book.htm/0-7923-8130-0

Also there is a book on hearing by Jont Allen

Also the book on signals and music perception - new book
by William Hartmann 1999.

Also the new textbook on music perception edited by
Perry Cook.

L.R. Rabiner and R. W. Schafer, Digital Processing of
Speech Signals," - the bible, as far as speech dsp is concerned

There is also a new book out called Multimedia Signal
Processing but I don't remember who the authors are.

Also some basic programming books such as
Kernighan-Ritchie
The C Programming Language (Prentice Hall)

(Any reference texts on programming or math are always
good to have around)