Re: 9th Annual Florida Electroacoustic Music Festival Call for Works/Participation

Subject: Re: 9th Annual Florida Electroacoustic Music Festival Call for Works/Participation
From: Francis Dhomont (fdhomont@mlink.net)
Date: Sat Sep 18 1999 - 14:54:46 EDT

First of all, please excuse my poor English.

I have heard from everyone about obligatory attendance of the selected
composers.

Finally I agree with Ned :

>I don't have a piece to premiere (no govt. travel grants then). I don't
>work >for an institution (no travel grant then). I can't afford to fly
>down for a >festival.

(And I personally have no more steady job now or a sufficient pension).

Example 1: A piece of mine was last year selected. I hoped to find a
financial help to go to the festival. Unfortunately I got nothing at all.
Well, I did'nt go and my piece was not presented. I knew the rule, so I
accepted it.
As a matter of fact, it was not really a problem for me. But I actually
think it can be very sad and frustrating for a young composer.

Example 2: As I know that I will not get any money, I will not submit any
piece this year. Sorry!

But of course, Jim, best wishes to the Festival.

                                                Francis

Francis Dhomont
5316, avenue Decelles
Montréal, Qc