Florida

Subject: Florida
From: Paul Rudy (proody@hotmail.com)
Date: Fri Sep 17 1999 - 18:36:23 EDT

Hello all,

I would like to diffuse (in 8 channel surround sound)
the myth that if you work
for an academic institution, you have unlimited, all-
expense, paid trips to any conference your music is
accepted at. This type of blanket funding does not
exist! I spent more than $2000 last semester alone
traveling to concerts (at my own expense).
The University I teach for payed for none of it.

As a curator and promoter of electroacoustic music myself, I
cringe every time a festival, conference, or individual
is attacked over sour grapes!

Keep up the good work Jim, and all other promoters of EA
music!

Paul Rudy

http://cctr.umkc.edu/user/conservatory/prudy/prudy.html
______________________________________
**************************************
Paul Rudy
Assistant Professor of Composition
University of Missouri, Kansas City
Conservatory of Music
4949 Cherry
Kansas City, MO 64110-2229
phone: 816/235-2940
fax: 816/235-5265
email: rudyp@umkc.edu or proody@hotmail.com

Summer Address (ca. June 10 to August 15):
Paul Rudy/Renee Sexton
c/p Aspen Music School
2 Music School Road
Aspen, CO 81611 USA