Florida fete

Subject: Florida fete
From: Larry Austin (austin@sndart.cemi.unt.edu)
Date: Fri Sep 17 1999 - 17:10:32 EDT

Colleagues:

I have attended and enjoyed participating in two Florida Electroacoustic

Music Festivals, 1997 and 1999.

I can attest that the presentations and programs are of the highest
quality,
comparable to any I have attended over the last few years...if not in
scope,
certainly in diversity of style and integrity of production. And one
special
aspect that not many fetes have is the featured composer-in-residence,
who not only attends but is invited to present a lecture on his/her
music.
This year's composer is Barry Truax...whose work is internationally
acclaimed
(he's a Magistere de Bourges, for instance) and whose writings and
computer
music innovations are legend.

The fete now has an excellent octophonic diffusion system in an ideal
space...which has excellent acoustics for such and which is comfortable
and intimate as well. I expect to submit a work and, if accepted, pay
my own expenses to go and participate. Ask anyone who has gone before.
It's worth it...and there certainly is a spirit of community and
professional
accomplishment there.

Larry Austin