Re: 9th Annual Florida Electroacoustic Music Festival Call for Works/Participation

Subject: Re: 9th Annual Florida Electroacoustic Music Festival Call for Works/Participation
From: James Paul Sain (jsain@ufl.edu)
Date: Fri Sep 17 1999 - 13:51:58 EDT

Dear Colleagues,

I'm sorry we can't be everything to everyone with the FEMF. As I've
stated for many years, our festival would not exist without the
required participation of visiting composer (university funding
issues). I would love to have you all submit but understand if you
are unable to do so. We've modeled our festival after societal
events common in the US such as the Society for Composers Inc. and
the Society for Electro-Acoustic Music in the U.S. We've enjoyed
eight previous years of outstanding compositions from around the
world. I'm hopeful that this year will be better than ever as we
spread our wings to have our first international
composer-in-residence, Barry Truax.

My apologies to those unable to submit. I hope you'll start a
festival in your area to help promote this art form we all dearly
embrace.

Best Regards,
Jim