Re: 9th Annual Florida Electroacoustic Music Festival Call for Works/Participation

Subject: Re: 9th Annual Florida Electroacoustic Music Festival Call for Works/Participation
From: ian stonehouse (i.stonehouse@gold.ac.uk)
Date: Fri Sep 17 1999 - 11:57:52 EDT

>Dear Jim Sain,
>
>I would love to send a work to Florida but: I don't have a piece to
>premiere (no govt. travel grants then). I don't work for an institution
>(no travel grant then). I can't afford to fly down for a festival.
>
>"a sense of community" of people who either work for a university that
>will pay their travel, who live in Florida or nearby, or who can simply
>afford to travel wherever their pieces are performed?
>

>> All composers selected for performance are required to attend the
>>festival; this is to provide a sense of community to the festival. There
>>are no travel grants available directly from the festival. Should a
>>composer be unable to attend the festival their work will not be
>>presented.
>>
>> **************

Seconded. I had the same thoughts about this 30 mins ago.

_______________________________________

Ian Stonehouse
Studio Manager
Electronic Music Studio
Goldsmiths College, University of London
New Cross, London SE14 6NW

tel. +44 (0)171 919 7643 (direct)
            +44 (0)171 919 7640 (music dept office)
fax. +44 (0)171 919 7644