Mac with SampleCell used as standalone sampler?

Subject: Mac with SampleCell used as standalone sampler?
From: John Oliver (oliver@earsay.com)
Date: Tue Sep 14 1999 - 18:12:18 EDT

Hello all,

I have decided to keep my older Nubus Mac with a SampleCell 2 card in it. Now I
am wondering if I can still use it as though it were a standalone sampler. Does
anyone know how I could connect the serial port of the Mac with Nubus SampleCell
2 to the MIDI chain to allow me to use it as a MIDI slave from my new computer?
My initlal thought was that I should be able to run my sequencer from my new
Mac, connect up to my Studio 4, then daisy chain out of the Studio 4 into the
Mac with the Nubus card in it. Has anybody tried this? I figured I should put
the question out there for any advice the community could give before I tear my
hair out trying it.

Thanks in advance.

John Oliver
oliver@earsay.com