Re: 'Oklahoma' & Andres Lewin-Richter

Subject: Re: 'Oklahoma' & Andres Lewin-Richter
From: KEVIN AUSTIN (KAUSTIN@vax2.concordia.ca)
Date: Fri Sep 10 1999 - 07:00:28 EDT

>Is this the 'Electronic Music' LP which features Mimaroglu's 'Le Tombeau
>d'Edgar Poe'? That was an early 2nd-hand listen for me, too... Yet
>surprisingly, he seems to be an unknown name even to many educated
>listeners?

According to the 'Red Book' (International Documentation of EaM -- DegeM
1996) Mimaroglu's last ea piece is 1968. Schwann (Winter 98/99) lists two
recordings of his pieces, including the concrete studies. Schwann gives
his dates as 1926- . Bowery Bum is (as I recall) a classic 'rubber band'
study. Good to listen to with a copy of the picture on hand. He gets no
indexed listing in Electric Sound, but there may be a history of
Columbia-Princeton wandering around somewhere.

Would anyone know if Epitaph fur Aikichi Kuboyama (1962), by Herbert
Eimert has been released on CD?

kaustin@vax2.concordia.ca