Mimaroglu

Subject: Mimaroglu
From: Anomalous Records Eric (eric@anomalousrecords.com)
Date: Thu Sep 09 1999 - 01:43:28 EDT

> >Is this the 'Electronic Music' LP which features Mimaroglu's 'Le Tombeau
> >d'Edgar Poe'? That was an early 2nd-hand listen for me, too... Yet
> >surprisingly, he seems to be an unknown name even to many educated
> >listeners?
> >

>It is the very same - that's a wonderful piece - we have one of our music
>computers named after him here. He's a composer who rarely seems gets a
>mention.

Actually, the new issue of Bananafish, of all things, features an
interview with Mimaroglu and a track by him on the accompanying CD.
The track on the disc is "Prelude No. 24 for magnetic tape
('Doomsayer's Doomsday')". The interview is about 8 pages, including
a couple photos. A small warning though, this magazine is rather
'out-there' in its trailer trash sort of avant garde hodge podge and
features a lot of stuff which is probably well outside of the
interest of many people here, though it also does feature William
Winant. It might offend a few people, it's very likely to annoy and
confuse the rest.

Eric Lanzillotta
<eric@anomalousrecords.com>

Anomalous Records
P.O. Box 22195, Seattle, WA 98122-0195, USA
telephone: (206) 328-9339 fax: (206) 328-9408
<http://www.anomalousrecords.com/> or <http://209.221.136.101>
<http://www.anomalousrecords.com/Streamline/>