Re: 'Oklahoma' & Andres Lewin-Richter

Subject: Re: 'Oklahoma' & Andres Lewin-Richter
From: ian stonehouse (i.stonehouse@gold.ac.uk)
Date: Wed Sep 08 1999 - 09:29:29 EDT

>On Wed, 8 Sep 1999, ian stonehouse wrote:
>
>> featuring Andres Lewin-Richter, alongside pieces by Tzvi Avni, Walter
>> Carlos & Ilhan Mimaroglu (it was on the Vox/Turnabout label, from 1965).
>
>This was a staple of mine at the time, also. I generated almost the
>entire soundscape/accompaniment for a production of Max Frisch's 'The
>Firebugs' with this record in 1966.... Wonderful! And nothing ever again
>like it.... ;-)
>

>+- Charlie Richmond-Richmond Sound Design-Vancouver, Canada -+
>+------------ http://www.RichmondSoundDesign.com ------------+
>+- To get info or join the Show Control Mailing List go to: -+
>+--------- http://www.show-control.com/sclist.html ----------+
>+----- Free Web Host Site for Sound Designers - go to: ------+
>+-------- http://www.theatre-sound.com/tsindex.html ---------+
>"Lo, thus, by day my limbs, by night my mind
> For thee, and for myself, no quiet find." - Sonnet XXVII

It's funny, but part of the reason I was so fascinated by this record was
because of the exotic names on the record - both of the pieces and of the
composers. Everyone I knew at the time had very ordinary English names, and
finding pieces of music named like a science experiments ('Study No.1',
'Study for Tape & Flute', etc...) seemed very impressive to a 12 year old
living in the middle of nowhere.

Ian Stonehouse

_______________________________________

Ian Stonehouse
Studio Manager
Electronic Music Studio
Goldsmiths College, University of London
New Cross, London SE14 6NW

tel. +44 (0)171 919 7643 (direct)
            +44 (0)171 919 7640 (music dept office)
fax. +44 (0)171 919 7644