Re: How to find the lowest book price

Subject: Re: How to find the lowest book price
From: Neil Wiernik (neil@techno.ca)
Date: Thu Sep 02 1999 - 09:21:52 EDT

a message to abuse@thenameserver.net or com usually does it.
But its a good idea if you do a NSlookup befor to make sure the server name
in the headeres of the message is correct and not a false one. Many
spammers use false Name Servers, so if you can get the name server your
doing good if not I would simply let it be it will eventually go away like
a child does.
Just dont ever reply to spam as its a conferm that you exist and then its
all over for you!!! Also if the person is using a provider that resales
service from say a place like PSI you can kill the spam by sending the a
copy of the email to abuse@thenameserver.net
example abuse@psi.net gets a copy of the message with a request some where
in the body of the messgae preferably at the top befor the acctual message
good luck...

Neil...

At 01:15 PM 9/2/99 +0100, you wrote:
>KEVIN AUSTIN wrote:
>
>>>No more spam please!
>>
>>As in spam'n'eggs, spam'n'chips, spam'n'peas, spam'n'chips'peas,
>>spam'spam'eggs'n'chips ? What would the full Monty say?
>
>According to some sources, that is the etymology!
>
>Kevin B
>
>PS I always complain to the postmaster of the originating site (where
>traceable) and the ISP of any quoted website (not always easy to track
>down, but http://www.networksolutions.com/cgi-bin/whois/whois can be
>helpful). This seems to be the most effective way of getting spammers'
>accounts closed.
>

>--
>Kevin Busby, Studio Manager, Department of Music, University of Birmingham,
>Edgbaston, Birmingham, B15 2TT, England. Tel: +44-(0)121-414 5785.
>Fax: +44-(0)121 414 5781. If your email to me bounces, please see
>http://web.bham.ac.uk/busbykg/contact.html. No to GE crops.

===================================
Neil Wiernik
neil@techno.ca