Subject: THE FIRST INTERNATIONAL CONTEST OF ELECTROACOUSTIC MUSIC
From: Robert Normandeau (normanr@CAM.ORG)
Date: Tue Aug 31 1999 - 17:31:03 EDT
INTERNATIONAL FESTIVAL ON NEW TECHNOLOGIES: ART AND COMMUNICATION
RULES AND REGULATIONS FOR THE FIRST INTERNATIONAL CONTEST OF
The aim of the present rules and regulations is to make a call for a public
contest in order to promote and contribute to the creation of
1.Composers of any nationality can participate.
2.Each author can only present a maximum of one work to
3.The works must have been created between 1998 and 1999.
4.The works will have been conceived for tape only.
5.The presented works must be accompanied by a dossier
which has to include:
- Title and duration of the work.
- Name of composer, permanent and contact
- Laboratory where it has been created, be
it public or private.
- Brief commentary on the work (which will
be used for the catalogue).
- Curriculum of the author.
- Date of production of the work.
- Place of premiere (if its debut will be
at Ciber@RT, please specify).
- Technical requirements for its
- Specify whether it already has obtained
The Dossier will be presented in Spanish, English or French.
6.The works will be shipped in DAT or CD format to the
LEA (LABORATORIO DE
Conservatorio Superior de Música
Camino de Vera nº 29
46022 Valencia - España
Specifying CiberaRT Festival Contest of Electroacoustic
The deadline for reception of works will be September
7. The shipping costs will be on account of the author.
8. The presented material will not be returned and will
remain in the archives of Ciber@rt and LEA.
9. The organization will be entitled to use fragments of
the works for
its dissemination in the media.
10. The finalist works will be played in concert within
the festival programming in the Centro Cultural La
11. The festival reserves the right to show and promote
the presented works during the events
organised by the festival..
12. The works will be interpreted by the people selected
by Ciber@rt and LEA.
13. The selection will be made by an international
committee appointed by Ciber@rt.
14. The works presented to the contest will be
candidates for obtaining the following prizes:
Ciber@RT-LEA Prize for the best international
work, consisting of an economic endowment of
200.000 Pesetas. This prize will be granted to
the best work chosen by the jury among the
Prize for best work of an Author residing in the
Valencian Community , consisting of a grant for
creating a work at LEA. This prize will be
granted to the best work among those presented to the
contest, whether it has been selected or not
among the finalists.
15. The decision of the jury will be unappealable.
16. The jury will resolve any incidents that may arise
from the interpretation of these rules and
17. The prize awarded authors pledge to specify each
time their work is shown that it has been awarded
the Ciber@rt - LEA prize.
18. Participation in the festival implies the acceptance
of these rules and regulations.
7070 Fabre, Montréal (Québec), Canada, H2E 2B2
Tél.: (514) 723-6316 - Fax:(514) 343-5727
Rien à voir:
Une nouveauté/A new release: «Figures», empreintes DIGITALes:
This archive was generated by hypermail 2b27 : Wed Jun 11 2003 - 13:09:06 EDT