Canadian Music for Dance

Subject: Canadian Music for Dance
From: Darren Copeland (darcope@interlog.com)
Date: Fri Aug 27 1999 - 09:39:50 EDT

MUSIC FOR DANCE- CALL FOR INFORMATION

The Encyclopedia of Theatre Dance in Canada, to be published by Dance
Collection Danse, wishes to include an entry on music composed for dance in
Canada. The publishers would like the entry to be as complete and current
as possible. For the purposes of this listing, they are interested in knowing:
 -the name of the composer
-the title of the the work (and name of the composition if different)
-the year of first performance
-the name of the choreographer and (if applicable) dance company

Any other information will be gratefully received and archived at Dance
Collection Danse. Composers who have composed works for dance or who have
had existing works used for choreographies are encouraged to send
information to any of the addresses below, before November 24, 1999:

Michael J. Baker Heidi Strauss John Sherlock
#204, 680 Queens' Quay West 115 Major St. 96 Spadina Ave, #505
Toronto, Ontario Toronto, Ontario Toronto, Ontario
M5V 2Y9 M5S 2K9 M5V 2J6
mjbaker@interlog.com heidistrauss@hotmail.com
sherlock@darling11.com

tel/fax: (416)260-1956

Information can be sent directly by visiting http://www.darling11.com/dance

Please pass this on to other composers and choreographers.

Thanks,

Michael J.Baker

Darren Copeland

--------
darcope@interlog.com

For more background on my work, contact my web site at:
http://www.interlog.com/~darcope

Click on New Adventures in Sound for more information about Sound Travels.

For info about the Canadian Association for Sound Ecology, visit:
http://interact.uoregon.edu/MediaLit/CASE/Homepage#head

For info about the CEC, contact their web site at:
http://cec.concordia.ca