Re: Other Music's

Subject: Re: Other Music's
From: Alexandra Hettergott (a.hettergott@wanadoo.fr)
Date: Fri Aug 20 1999 - 16:39:59 EDT

Kevin Austin wrote in part :
>[...] if I provided a
>PhotoShop collage is considered adequate visual literacy, and if not, why
>is PhotoShopSound an accepted level of sonic literacy?
That depends, Imo, (as usual) one surely cannot make a rule of either case ; however,
I would think it does become the more so [i.e., being provided with an accepted
level], the less obvious and through-shining the PhotoShop-ism will be in the (art
work's) end ; thinking about the complementary case of /at which point/ a given
pre/description (of whatever (visual) nature) is getting considered (almost) an
autonomous (accepted-level) work of art in itself -- at a /certain/ level of
abstraction (becoming an analogous rather than a digital representation of a
respective work of art...) or even (and-or) of (auto)organization...
Summer night dreams...
Sincerely,
Alexandra Hettergott.