Adaptec/ATTO SCSI enquiry

Subject: Adaptec/ATTO SCSI enquiry
From: ian stonehouse (i.stonehouse@gold.ac.uk)
Date: Mon Aug 16 1999 - 11:29:59 EDT

Is anyone out there using either the Adaptec 3940 SCSI card or the Atto
Express double SCSI card with the new B&W G3s ?

We're looking at purchasing Digidesign's Pro Tools ToolBox system to run on
new Mac G3s with Akai CD3000XLs+MESA II, also supporting Hyperprism
plug-ins and Logic Audio Platinum 4.0.

We'll be using double SCSI cards for each of the G3s since we're using the
third PCI slot on the G3s for a video card to run second monitors (i.e.
slot one for Digidesign's Audiomedia III card, slot two for a wide+double
SCSI, slot three for the video card). There are conflicting reports from
various sources as to the ability of MESA to operate over Adaptec and/or
ATTO double SCSI cards, whilst Digidesign only recommend the Atto Express
card.

Is anyone successfully running a set-up similar to this ?

Any advice, suggestions, secret clues etc.. would be most welcome,

thanks

Ian Stonehouse
Studio Manager, Electronic Music Studio, Goldsmiths College, London

_______________________________________

Ian Stonehouse
Studio Manager
Electronic Music Studio
Goldsmiths College, University of London
New Cross, London SE14 6NW

tel. +44 (0)171 919 7643 (direct)
            +44 (0)171 919 7640 (music dept office)
fax. +44 (0)171 919 7644