Call for Works

Subject: Call for Works
From: Alicyn L. Warren (aw2m@unix.mail.virginia.edu)
Date: Fri Aug 13 1999 - 10:31:05 EDT

------------------------------
CALL FOR COMPUTER MUSIC VIDEOS
------------------------------

For a program of video works by composers of computer music, to be
presented as part of the Virginia Film Festival, October 24-28, 1999,
at the University of Virginia, in Charlottesville, Virginia.

This is the 12th Annual Virginia Film Festival; this year's theme is
"TechnoVisions." For more information on the Festival, visit the
Virginia Film Festival website at: http://www.virginia.edu/~vafilm

This computer music video program is a joint presentation of the Virginia
Film Festival and the Virginia Center for Computer Music. The venue
will be the Vinegar Hill Theater, an art film house in Charlottesville.

The call is for video works only; we cannot accomodate live performance,
and will not be programming "tape only" works for this event.
We are especially interested in videos made entirely by composers, though
works which are the result of collaborations between composers and visual
artists are also very welcome.

Receipt Deadline: September 10th 1999
Videotape Formats: Betacam-SP or VHS (NTSC only please!)

Please include with your videotape, or submit via email to address below:

- a brief bio (about 125 words)
- a brief program note for the work (about 125 words)
- your contact information (email and postal addresses)

Notification that we have received your work will be sent via email.
If you wish your work to be returned, include a self-addressed stamped
envelope.

Send to: Alicyn Warren
         McIntire Department of Music
         112 Old Cabell Hall
         University of Virginia
         Charlottesville, VA 22903
         alicyn@virginia.edu

Alicyn Warren
Assistant Professor, McIntire Department of Music
Associate Director, Virginia Center for Computer Music
University of Virginia * 112 Old Cabell Hall * Charlottesville, VA 22903
alicyn@virginia.edu * 804-924-6499 office * 924-3052 dept * 924-6033 fax