Re: 1999 ASCAP/SEAMUS Student Commission Competition

Subject: Re: 1999 ASCAP/SEAMUS Student Commission Competition
From: sdbeck@lsu.edu
Date: Tue Aug 10 1999 - 11:11:10 EDT

Ian wrote:
>The form leads me to believe that 'b' and 'c' do not apply if I am 'a'.

That is correct. If you are a student member of SEAMUS, you are eligible to
enter the ASCAP/SEAMUS Student Commission Competition. If you are NOT a student
member of SEAMUS, you must be a citizen or a legal resident of the United States
to enter. You do not need to be a citizen or legal resident of the US to join
SEAMUS. Membership is open to all.

Little Dave wrote:
>I have no clue? I hope so!!!! But if we are members of CEC do we fall
>under the SEAMUS blanket?

Unfortunately, a student membership in the CEC does not qualify you for this
competition. SEAMUS and the CEC have collaborated on many projects, and Kevin
Austin sits on our Board of Directors as an official representative of the CEC.
But for this project, participation is limited to our immediate constituency
(student members and US-based students).

I hope this clarifies the issue. I am happy to answer any additional questions
you might have. For more information about the competition and about SEAMUS,
visit SEAMUS On-Line at:

http://seamus.lsu.edu/

Stephen David Beck
President, SEAMUS