Re: The language of Power Glove

Subject: Re: The language of Power Glove
From: ag (agarton@toysatellite.com.au)
Date: Mon Aug 09 1999 - 19:56:53 EDT

At 11:01 9/08/99 +0930, you wrote:
>jose manuel berenguer writes:
>>if you do prefer the lowest level way, you can build a very simple
>>interface with a small Basic Stamp Parallax microcontroller
>>(www.parallaxinc.com) which talks with Max via a serial port and the Max
>>Serial object.
>

>If this isn't low level enough for you, check out my MIDI controllers with
>PIC Microcontrollers and Basic Stamps page:
>
>http://www.audiomulch.com/midipic/

this is very cool, ross.

anyone using game controllers? i know of someone in melbourne who uses a
joystick coupled to his computer via MIDI. he has a broom-stick attached to
the joy stick controller so he can work it while standing up. it looks
pretty kooky, but most excellent to see the way more tangible tools are
being constructed to manage computer based processes. composing with a
mouse is often like trying to do caligraphy with a brick!

andrew