Re: Technical Question: New G3s and Max/MIDI

Subject: Re: Technical Question: New G3s and Max/MIDI
From: Garth Paine (garth@activatedspace.com.au)
Date: Mon Aug 09 1999 - 05:40:26 EDT

Dear Robert

>I was wondering about the
>best solution to MIDI on these things, given the USB bus. We wondered
>about getting a PCI serial card, and then running a Studio 4 off it (we
>have one around, you see). Has anyone had experience (good or bad) with
>MIDI ob these things?

Haven't used one, but you need to be careful, because some of the
adaptors (ie USB to serial) don't handle any of the timing data
needed by MIDI. The serial card should be fine, but it might be
worth testing it before committing yourself.

Cheers,

Garth

Check out some of the tracks off my new CD at http://www.activatedspace.com.au
Activated Space
. Composer, Sound Designer, Installation Artist
.. Interactives Designer, Exhibition Consultant
........ph. 61 3 95720133
garth@activatedspace.com.au