Technical Question: New G3s and Max/MIDI

Subject: Technical Question: New G3s and Max/MIDI
From: Robert J. Dow (rjd@music.ed.ac.uk)
Date: Mon Aug 09 1999 - 05:18:06 EDT

Sorry to bore you all with yet another technical question ... I'd much
rather engage you with the question that I have in my mind at the moment
about how electroacoustic music is valued, particularly by those who
compose it ...

But ... we want to run Max/MSP on a G3/350 and I was wondering about the
best solution to MIDI on these things, given the USB bus. We wondered
about getting a PCI serial card, and then running a Studio 4 off it (we
have one around, you see). Has anyone had experience (good or bad) with
MIDI ob these things?

Robert