Re: web teaching?

Subject: Re: web teaching?
From: matt kober (mattkober@yahoo.com)
Date: Wed Aug 04 1999 - 12:42:32 EDT

I am one of those students Kevin refers to here. I find the class
discussion list to be a great tool for us. It's usually a very
practical way of maintaining a common "bulletin board" for us. We use
it to alert each other to equipment problems in the studio, to announce
free studio times and to ask for technical advice. It's an excellent
system of intercommunication that's almost always helpful (remember the
"Cam's Confusion" episode?).

Recently, we put together a compilation CD comprised of 19 student
pieces from the different sections of the 1rst year class. As Kevin
said, I haven't even met many of the other students from the other
section that are on the CD, yet we've use the discussion list quite a
bit to keep the project going and to keep each other informed.