"small" audiences

Subject: "small" audiences
From: Larry Austin (austin@sndart.cemi.unt.edu)
Date: Sun Aug 01 1999 - 11:08:04 EDT

Dear Kevin and other CECers:

Ea/cm is perceived by us, perhaps,
as an artform of small, select audiences.
That's understandable, since our music is
music of the "laboratory" and needs to be
"tested" in non-hostile gatherings first by
our friends and fellow practitioner-experimenters
before being accepted for the next larger
audience...say the ICMC (where audiences
have been in the hundreds, even thousands
in Thessaloniki, e.g.).

There is the larger venue of compact disc
sales, where our successful "experiments" can reach
thousands--with repeated listenings!! And radio,
the web, of course.

Don't be sad. Acoustic music has the same
process of testing, acceptance, and broader
success. It works.

Best for new and newer music,

Larry Austin