Re: 'IGOR'?

Subject: Re: 'IGOR'?
From: John Oliver (oliver@earsay.com)
Date: Sat Jul 31 1999 - 14:51:20 EDT

Thanks Sean,

I went to the IGOR web site and took the web tour of the software. It appears
to be very powerful notation software, however they are still working on it.
There are no demos available for download, just a notification list and a
discussion list. They say it will be ready 'this summer.' Hmmm.

For those considering a new purchase, take a look at this. Note however, that
there is little discussion about how they are implimenting MIDI, and no talk
of audio integration. This is "notation software" that aims to compete with
the likes of Finale, Sibelius, etc.

Sean: do you have any more info about IGOR? Since we're off topic here, please
respond to me personally.

John Oliver |_|_| oliver@earsay.com
|_|_| composer, performer, producer
|_|_| Director, earsay productions
http://earsay.com/oliver/

"...blasts from space-age brass instruments...repeatedly howl and bellow
stately, powerfully ominous sustained chords...most engaging, creating an
image of the guitar coming to life via some sorcerer's apprentice and doing
mischief. A most effective and evocative piece [Copper Flying on earsay CD
'harangue 1']." Robert Cummings, Computer Music Journal, summer 1999