Re: Opera electro-acoustrique

Subject: Re: Opera electro-acoustrique
From: Javier Ruiz (javi.ruiz@tfn.servicom.es)
Date: Thu Jul 29 1999 - 21:25:51 EDT

Lawrence,
Canary Islands, with a total population of 1.500.000 (and 15% of
unemployment) have TWO big symphony orchestras and an international music
festival with 10 million US$ budget per year (famous orchestras, pianists
and your good dose of Beethoven).
Number of computers available for the composition department at the
Conservatorio Superior de Música: ZERO
Number of scores in the library of the Conservatorio of, say, Messiaen,
Berio, Cage, Feldman, Ives, Varese, Schoenberg!: ZERO
Computer music books in the library of the Conservatorio: ZERO

My two euro-cents (the total budget for EAM we have this year).
Javier Ruiz (that obviously learned English in a public high-school)