Re: Virus alert

Subject: Re: Virus alert
From: Neil Wiernik (naw@techno.ca)
Date: Fri Jul 30 1999 - 14:14:31 EDT

Well think in terms of how you learned of the "mellisa" virus, from news
source, from anti-viral program companies or from the major OS
manufacturing companies if the products that these viruses are diseminated
from. But mostly your own good judgement, read the so called alerts and
look for suspisiousness in the warning. They usually are pretty obvious,
also if it is as large of a virus as this one claimed you would of heard
about it over the news.
Most importantly is to have a good anti-virual program on your machine and
always update the
Virus definitions at every update period. You software company will let you
know when they have made these definition updates.
Neil...